Today, I thought I would look up some board games that might be new to you. There are so many out there that it’s hard to choose, but I will also include ratings so that you know how well the game plays. We are definitely not going out this weekend, so we might as well plan to stay in!
Hopefully, these games will get your collection started, and will have you doubling over in laughter. Don’t forget the snacks! I also found a recipe for the famous “Chicago” popcorn that will bring everyone to the table for games night.
Cheddar & Caramel Chicago Mix Popcorn
- 7 quarts plain popped popcorn , about 30 cups of popped popcorn or 2 1/2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup , I use homemade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 6 cups popped popcorn or 1/3 cups popcorn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Caramel Popcorn:
- Place the popped popcorn into two large baking pans.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- The mixture should bubble rapidly.
- Immediately pour over the popcorn in the pans, and stir to coat.
- It is okay if the popcorn isn’t completely coated yet the oven will help us out.
- Bake for 45 minutes but stir the popcorn every fifteen minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, try to separate the pieces as much as you can before it cools completely.
For the Cheddar Popcorn:
- Put a 1/3 of a cup of kernels in a medium brown paper bag.
- Roll the top of it closed.
- Microwave until the kernels stop popping at the rate of at least 1 per second.
- In a large brown paper bag, combine the popcorn and butter by shaking the bag while pouring the butter in a slow stream.
- Once all the butter is in, roll the bag closed and shake it REALLY well.
- Combine the cheddar cheese powder, mustard powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the popcorn while shaking the bag.
- Roll it back up and shake vigorously.
- Enjoy immediately!
*Recipe taken from dinnerthendessert.com
I hope you all enjoy the weekend ahead. Stay safe and have fun! Happy Friday everyone!