We are taking it back to the days of “Giada at Home”, where her culinary skills rocketed you right into the heart of Italy. Do any of you remember her? Giada premiered on the Food Network in the early 2000’s, and cooked her way to stardom. She made delicious “Smoked Mozzarella Meatballs” on one of her shows, and I thought you just might be inspired to spice up your meatballs Giada-style! You will definitely impress those you cook for with this recipe, so grab your pen and paper and take notes! Giada is in the kitchen!
Smoked Mozzarella Meatballs
1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 handful of fresh chopped parsley
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (grated)
2 tbsps ketchup
2/3 cup of grated parmesean cheese
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1/2 lb ground veal
1/2 lb ground beef
300-400 grams smoked mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees celsius.
- Add all the spices in a bowl.
- Add in the beef and veal last and mix in gently.
- Cut the smoked mozzarella into small cubes. Take a small amount of meat mixture and make into a ball. Push a small hole in the center and add a piece of mozzarella. Close up the hole and place it on a lined cookie sheet. Continue on until all the meat has been made into meatballs.
- Put the lined cookie sheet with the meatballs in for 15 minutes
- There is the option of adding it to a sauce when the meatballs are finished.
*Recipe taken from Giada at Home
I can’t wait to give it a try myself! I think the minute she said, “Smoked Mozzarella,” I was sold! You could probably do this with soy product too, for those who are vegetarians, and consume dairy. I would use the exact same method, and it should be a win! I’ll be sure to make both versions and let you know how they turned out. I hope you all enjoy your evening! Ciao and happy Tuesday everyone!