This Thanksgiving, don’t be afraid to experiment with the best ingredient known to the baking world, chocolate! Step up your game in the kitchen, and explore the creamy goodness that hits the spot every single time;) The Olive Magazine has some great ideas as to what you could include as a fabulous dessert for your menu. What happened to catch my eye was the Chocolate Pecan Tart that stood out in all of its glory, with it’s crunchy crust and fudgy goodness! The only thing that makes my heart palpitate are the calories on that bad boy!
Chocolate brownie pecan tart
- shortcrust pastry 375g pack
- salted butter 125g
- plain chocolate 100g, chopped
- golden caster sugar 200g
- eggs 2
- vanilla 1 tbsp
- plain flour 4 tbsp
- pecan halves 125g, roughly chopped
- crème fraîche to serve
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200c/fan 180/gas 6. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 24cm tart tin. Chill for 15 minutes in the freezer or 30 minutes in the fridge. Line with baking paper and baking beans and bake for 10 minutes. Take out the beans and paper and bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit while you make the filling.
- STEP 2Turn oven down to 180c/fan 160c/gas 4. Melt the butter and chocolate in a large glass or metal bowl set over (not in) a pan of boiling water. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla, then the flour. Stir in the pecans, pour into the tart case and bake for 30 minutes. Cool then serve with crème fraîche.
Recipe taken from olivemagazine.com
Just how many calories are we talking? Try 867 calories per slice! Don’t cry, there’s always room for a super power walk with the family after dinner! I know, I’m not too convinced either, but sometimes comfort food comes at a painful cost! We have to remember to change the name of that game somewhere in the future. Anyway, I hope you all have a restful evening, and happy Thursday everyone!